When you truly love your vehicle, you want to protect it in the best way. That’s why we created ALPHERA Protect, our comprehensive range of insurance products designed to help provide cover if the unexpected happens, whilst protecting you from damage costs.
Click the links below to view our Protect Insurance Range Brochures.
One less thing to worry about
Within this suite of ALPHERA Protect products is ALPHERA Shortfall Insurance, created to protect your finances should your vehicle be written off due to an accident, theft or fire. ALPHERA Shortfall Insurance is designed to bridge the gap between the motor insurance settlement and either the amount you paid for your vehicle, or the outstanding amount due under your finance agreement if your vehicle is declared a total loss, whichever is the higher amount. ALPHERA Shortfall Insurance covers you against losing out in these unsettling situations.
Shortfall Insurance Films
Key benefits of ALPHERA Shortfall Insurance
- Cover available for 3 or 4 years
- Available for new and used cars
- The insurance could pay up to £500 to cover any excess you have as part of your motor insurance claim
- Pay for your policy upfront or in 12 monthly payments (at no extra cost)
- Cover for accessories listed on the original purchase invoice for the insured vehicle that are present at the date of loss
- You have up to 90 days to purchase your policy after you have collected your vehicle. Cover will start after you have purchased the policy
- The insurance cover will be capped at a maximum amount. Therefore the amount paid out under the ALPHERA Shortfall Insurance might be lower than the gap between the motor insurance settlement and either the amount you paid for the insured vehicle or the early finance settlement balance
- Cover only applicable if a claim under your motor insurance policy is paid
- Cover for finance agreements does not include Contract Hire
Get your quote
Contact your participating local ALPHERA Partner and get your quote today.
For full terms and conditions of this product, see the policy wording document available for download below.
Terms, conditions and exclusions apply. This website only provides a summary of the cover provided by ALPHERA Shortfall Insurance and does not include the full terms, conditions and limits of cover. Please refer to the policy wording document.
To find out more about ALPHERA Shortfall Insurance, or to purchase a policy, please contact your participating local ALPHERA Partner or call ALPHERA Protect Services on 020 3971 0989. ALPHERA Protect Services lines are open Monday to Friday 9am – 5.30pm.
Need to make a claim?
In the unfortunate event that you need to make a claim, ALPHERA Protect Services are available to assist you. Please refer to the policy wording document for full details of how to make a claim.
Cover for all eventualities
ALPHERA Shortfall Insurance is administered by GardX Assure Limited who are registered in England under company Registration Number 9339557 and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, Registration Number 711212. Their registered office is at Lake House, 2 Port Way, Port Solent, Portsmouth, United Kingdom, PO6 4TY.
This insurance is underwritten by Fortegra Europe Insurance Company SE UK Branch, a branch of Fortegra Europe Insurance Company SE (Financial Conduct Authority registration number 805770). Fortegra Europe Insurance Company SE has its registered office and principal place of business at Office 13, SOHO Office The Strand, Fawwara Building, Triq I-Imsida, Gzira, GZR 1401, Malta (Malta Company registration number C 84703), is authorised under the Insurance Business Act 1998 of the laws of Malta to carry out general business of insurance, and is regulated by the Malta Financial Services Authority of Triq l-Imdina, Zone 1, Central Business District, Birkirkara, CBD 1010, Malta.
ALPHERA Insurance Solutions is a trading name of BMW Financial Services (GB) Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, reference number 312578, registered office: Summit ONE, Summit Avenue, Farmborough, Hampshire, GU14 0FB. BMW Financial Services (GB) Limited and GardX Assure Limited are not part of the same corporate group.
The easiest way to manage your motor finance
With the MyALPHERA Finance portal, you’ll find all the help you need to manage your finance agreement, whenever you need it. Register today for self-service access to a wide range of functionality…
- Amend your details
- Select a different payment date
- Make partial early repayments
- Request a settlement figure
- Find out what happens at the end of your contract
Never miss a thing
Stay in touch with all the latest news and updates from ALPHERA and the motor finance industry, delivered direct to you.